7/28/11

Happy Birthday, 9 Months and Great Books

Today is my sweet husband's birthday.  He means the world to me, and I couldn't have asked for a better man to be my husband and Henry's father.  We love you dearly!

Last week Henry turned 9 months old.  I have been so enthralled with a couple of books that I haven't thought much about blogging lately! More on that in a bit....


We also had a few friends over to swim recently.  These boys are cute, but they could care less about taking pictures!
(Bryant, Hayes and Henry)

Back to the books I was talking about.  Last week, I finally picked up Heaven is For Real after having it for a few weeks.  It is an easy read with a touching story.  If you've had any doubts about heaven, I would urge you to read this book.  It definitely gave me hope about a few questions I've had in the back of my mind.

After I read Heaven is For Real, I was literally looking at my book case thinking....."I have nothing new to read."  So I easily reached down for my all time favorite book, Redeeming Love.  This was my second time reading it, and it was just as captivating this go around.  What a beautiful story about a girl pulled out of the depths of her sin only to receive a true l-o-v-e.  There is so much horror this girl endures...so much bitterness and hate.  Yet slowly, with God's help, she starts stripping those layers and becomes a beautiful, completely whole woman.

You can't go wrong with either of these books.  You might even be changed by them!

4 comments:

Casey said...

Happy birthday, Hank! I might need to pull out my copy of Redeeming Love and re-read it too. It's such a good one!!!

Addie Lamberth said...

Love the picture of Hank and Henry! So cute. Heaven is for real is an awesome book! I've just got to finish reading Redeeming Love. So good so far!

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday to Hank!!

Love the pictures of Henry; that giraffe is looking small these days!
He looks like he enjoys his play dates!

I thought Heaven is for Real would touch your heart!!

Love you bunches!!

Anonymous said...

OH....he's such a BIG BIG boy now.......I agree with Ronnie that the poor giraffe is looking awful puny and abused! Thomas took my copy of Heaven is for Real home with him....need to get it back so I can finally read it. I am reading Ted Dekker's Martyr's Song series now......the story line in this one has some strong similarities to Redeeming Love. Hope yall have a great Daddy Birthday.....can't believe my little Hankus is 28!!