At Bern's restaurant in Tampa
In case you didn't know:*We all graduated from Auburn.
*Hank and Bradford knew each other at Auburn, but Anna and I didn't meet until we moved to Atlanta.
*Anna and I were both elementary school teachers before we had babies.
*The Boney's also lived in our condo building.
*They were our first official couple friends after we got married, so they will always have a special place in our hearts! Okay.....I'll stop there.
The flight down to FL was difficult, to say the least. I tried so hard to be prepared, but nothing can prepare you for delays inside the airport and on the plane with a 14 month old. No amount of snacks, milk, toys, books or videos could make him happy. Luckily we all made it safe and sound (except maybe for the man that was sitting next to us on the airplane).
When we arrived we took "the boys" to a playground nearby. I loved watching little Bradford dance and sing. He is such the entertainer!
After church on Sunday, we drove to Ft. Desoto. It was a beautiful day and we all had fun sticking our toes in the sand.
This is sweet Hampton. He's 3 months old and such a cutie! I had a blast getting to know this little guy.
Big hugs!
High Five!
On Sunday night, Anna got a babysitter for us. We enjoyed our evening kid-free at the most amazing steak house I've ever been too, Bern's. It is definitely a place you need to visit if you are ever in Tampa. We gave it two thumbs up!
On Monday, we visited the Tampa Aquarium. I think Henry really enjoys seeing new things, and I love to see the wonder and curiosity in his eyes!
That afternoon we went on a walk around their adorable neighborhood and played outside. This is their community pier. No wonder people move to Florida.
Little B's second birthday is coming up this week, so they got a bouncy house for his party. No harm in taking it for a test drive, right?
While playing basketball, Henry crawled under their Tahoe to get his ball. This kid has no fear.
The flight home was amazing. It was like night and day compared to the trip down. There was a play area for kids adjacent to our gate, the plane took off as soon as we got settled, we had an empty seat on our row, AND Henry fell asleep! If all of that could be guaranteed every time....we might fly more often!
Thank you Boney's for being such wonderful hosts and friends. We had an amazing time and are thankful for you!
7 comments:
What fun! Both boys are getting so big. We love Bern's too :)
I feel sad we are missing you by just a few days! We need to go together next time. Looks like y'all had a blast!
Good times Kasi! I'm so glad you guys got to take a trip. It looks as though you all had a wonderful time. I love all of your pictures.
I know it may look like I am a random person commenting on your blog, but I am one of Anna's friends in Florida, so it was a joy to view your visit with her. Thanks for sharing.
Looks like y'all had so much fun!! Glad the plane ride was much better on the way back!
You are doing a great job with your photography!! The bird shot in motion, the seahorse and the shot of the ocean are really good!! And, that Henry has grown so much!! I can't wait to see the little "boy" this weekend!! He is not a baby anymore!
Kasi, I enjoyed this post so much, it is so great to see the world through Henry's eyes! It made me want to drive to Tampa just to enjoy that dessert, I believe it would be worth the trip! Love you & yours! JP
Post a Comment