1/12/12

Like Grandmother, Like Granddaughter

My Granny Joyce (whom I love) is notorious in our family for rearranging.  It seems like every time I go to her house something is in a different place.  You'll hear someone shout out, "Where are the forks?" or "Where'd you move the cups?".  I'm not only talking about moving things around in the kitchen....she does it with the furniture too. We might walk in and say, "Didn't this room used to be the dining room?"  

Anywho, I'm pretty sure that gene was passed to me.  If I can move it...I have a tendency to at least "see what it looks like".

Last weekend, I finally convinced my husband to help me rearrange our bedroom.  It had just gotten on my last nerve.  When we moved into our condo (Dec. 06) we bought new bedroom furniture.  As much as I loved it then, I'm beginning to question why on earth we ever thought a sleigh bed would look good in our new room.  Needless to say, it takes up too much space - and makes the room feel dark and heavy.  That could also have something to do with all the matching pieces we bought with it.  (Eeek!)  I'll be so glad when I have a house where I can break up this "set" into different rooms.

Here's the before:


After:


We ended up switching our dresser with the black table I made.  So, our dining space looks a bit different now too.
Before:
After:

Before Christmas (while Hank was traveling) I moved the living room around as well.
Before:
After:

Hopefully, our hard work will pay off and make our bedroom feel a little lighter and brighter.  Now we are praying for the right person to come along and buy our place!  We are quickly running out of space with our little boy running around.

Speaking of our little boy.....
This was all him.  I turned around and he was standing in his Da-da's boots.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like being able to see all the window in the BR and the dresser looks great in the alcove BUT, does that mean you have to make a run to the kitchen for clean undies???? Just wondering?! MB

Rhonda said...

Ha!! Beth, I was wondering that as well!! It does look good Kasi...and I do believe you are strongly related to Bobbie Joyce....which, by the way that gene skipped me! Give Mr. Boots a hug for me!

Amber said...

It looks great!! I have that gene too!! I love change---it is like a fresh breath in a stuffy room!! Henry is getting too big for his britches (probably literally!). :o)

Addie Lamberth said...

it looks so good!! we just need to go bedroom shopping some day... i am {will} be in the market sometime!! have fun this weekend.. can't wait to hear about it!