7/30/12

Pittsburgh

Two weekends ago, I met Hank in "The Steel City" for a weekend get-away.  His last project was in Pittsburgh so instead of him coming home that weekend, I went up to visit him instead.


The hotel was amazing.  Our room had a great view of the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball stadium and the Allegheny River.  

The view inside was great too.  :)

Eating out is such a luxury these days, so we enjoyed every meal!  This is a picture of us on our first night.

We had one full day together, and we packed it full of activities.  
1.  We went kayaking on the Allegheny.

2.  We explored the Shadyside and Oakland neighborhoods.  We did a little shopping and spent some time in this old bookstore:

3.  We visited the Carnige Museum of Art and Natural History

I got to see several Monet paintings.  They really are something special. 


4.  We took long walks.




Hank's office was inside this Highmark building. 

5.  We saw "Fiddler on the Roof".


This is a view of the stage from our seats before the play began.  


I was very impressed with Pittsburgh.  It was never a city I had on my must see list, but I was pleasantly surprised.  Go visit if you ever get the chance!  

P.S. - I got to check four items off my list this weekend!  And one check is coming soon!!!  :)

7 comments:

The Boney's said...

Good for you guys! TIme away with our guys is a must! What a fun city! Love that you are keeping up with your list. Inspired! Miss you but so so thankful for little peeks into your life.

Amber said...

What a fun, fun trip! Y'all did such wonderful things...I am a little intrigued by Pittsburgh now! Holy Moly Condo...please Lord! Miss y'all!

Rhonda said...

Looks like a neat place to go and visit!! I always enjoy your pictures and seeing the places you two get to go!! I enjoyed getting to keep a little special someone for a few days as well!! :)

Amanda "Mandy" Gardner said...

Happy, happy!!! I love your pictures Kasi. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Casey said...

SO FUN!!!! Yay for time away with the hubs!

Anonymous said...

They always said things were bigger in Texas, but I beg to differ! It looks like Pittsburgh is bigger & better! Would be a nice place to visit! JP

SOUTHERNFRYDE said...

So excited about your condo!!

Alissa