5/28/10

Deep Sigh of Relief


I have just completed my 5th year of teaching. My third grade Locomotives (class name -see logo above) were dismissed for summer last Friday, and I finally got all of my things out of my classroom yesterday. Summers are like the Promise Land for teachers. Without them....no one would come back! Teachers truly need that time to rejuvenate, relax, and remember why they chose this profession in the first place!

But this summer is a little different for me. I will not be returning next school year. Instead, I'll be preparing for "Baby Lamb's" arrival in October. Honestly, I am ecstatic about the opportunity to stay home and be a mom. However, I'm sure I will miss the hustle and bustle of the classroom...kids clinging to your every word, learning and growing because of what you are teaching them. It really is a rewarding profession when you see kids making progress, but it also consumes every part of me: emotionally, physically and mentally! That's why I am looking forward to this new chapter of my life!

I need to thank Hank, Mom, and Cam for taking time off of work yesterday to help me move out of my classroom. Your willingness to lend a hand is very overwhelming- - and appreciated! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was happy to come over to Hotlanta, get a good workout, and see my sister!