6/1/10

Memorial Day

Hank and I are so very blessed to have wonderful families.  We couldn't be happier hanging out with our kin folks over a long weekend. (Especially if you have access to beautiful Lake Martin like we do!)  On Saturday, we spent time at my parents' cabin with most of the Peterson clan.

At the cabin, there is perfect sandy shallow water off the shore.

Cam drove his boat up just in time for lunch.
  
My Uncle Steve cooked wonderful ribs for the family to enjoy.

Does anything say summer time better than a bowl of berries?  I think not.

It was a dreary day, but we all could care less!  We ate, talked, laughed, and went for boat rides.  I endured labor stories while Hank played horseshoes with the boys.  And after all that was said and done....we ate again! Why do you feel like you are constantly eating during family events?  Nevertheless, we had good food and good fun.


On Sunday, Hank and I made our way to the Lamberth's house.  We ALWAYS enjoy our time in their back yard sitting by the lake.  But this weekend was very entertaining because of the competitive spirit that lives inside the Lamberth boys.  Thomas and Hank had me cracking up all afternoon.  Let me show you what all went on.  (P.S. - at this point in the day Nolen, Addie, and Libby had not arrived yet.  I am sure if they were there, Nolen would have joined in the fun.)

It all started with a friendly race to see who still had their high school speed.  (I must say - when Nolen did arrive, the three boys raced again and Nolen smoked these two geezers.)  


Then there were a few rounds of "who can catch the Frisbee in mid-air while jumping off the dock" - a classic Lamberth game

Followed by....







By this time, I had been splashed enough and it was time to stop the nonsense.  However, I would get wet again to capture the silly faces these boys were making!  I am sure they will never grow up....and that's okay with me.  I'm always in the mood for a good laugh.  :)


No comments: