6/3/10

This is for real...

I'm assuming every pregnant women goes through her ups and downs.  I haven't particularly enjoyed the nausea, gaining weight, and feeling down-right tired all the time.  But today was a new day for me on this pregnancy roller coaster.  All of my questions, (Am I really pregnant?) excitement (I can't believe Hank and I are going to be parents!), and fears (What if something goes wrong again?) were all put to rest when we got to see this....







Ten fingers - ten toes.  His or her heart rate was 155 beats/minute.  Everything was normal.  Whew.

Hank and I decided to put Baby Lamb's gender in an envelope and wait to open it until we are on our FIVE year anniversary trip.  We are leaving for San Francisco on Tuesday - - - and I don't think it can get here fast enough!  What's so funny is I actually thought we could go the entire pregnancy without finding out the sex of the baby.  Who was I kidding?!?!?

It will be a special moment for us whenever we open the envelope, but it will be extra special if we can wait until we get to California.  We would never forget that moment.  (Can you tell I am trying to talk myself into waiting!)


I am truly "filled with wonder - awe struck wonder" when I see images like this.  There is no doubting the power that the Lord has on our lives.  The blessings God has given me are truly amazing, and I do not thank Him enough.  So....  "With all creation I sing, praise to the King of Kings!  You are my everything, and I will adore you!"  Thank you Lord!  Praise be Your Name!

(I've got Phillips, Craig, and Dean on the brain today. Listen to their "Revelation Song" if you haven't already:  Play song from iLike.com)

Maybe the next time I make a post....you'll find out if Baby Lamb is a boy or a girl!

2 comments:

Amanda "Mandy" Gardner said...

What wonderful images! Words cannot describe what you feel in that moment. You don't know whether to laugh or cry, or both...that's what I did. I am so happy for you guys and cannot wait to find out the sex.

Laura Farrell said...

LOVE it!!! can't wait to hear the news :)