6/26/10

Desserts

Webster says dessert is "a usually sweet course or dish served at the end of a meal".

After you've stuffed yourself with dinner, you know down deep inside you probably shouldn't have it, because you are packing on even more calories.  However, my philosophy recently is - - who cares?

Needless to say, my sweet tooth has been put in high gear the past few weeks, and I thought I would share them with you.

My first dessert was made for Hank, in honor of our five year anniversary.  The recipe came from Giada de Laurentiis - Food Network Chef.  You can find her recipe here.  It's probably the longest recipe I have ever attempted...but oh, so worth it.

Here's a picture of the Frozen Brownie dessert, after all of the layers have been frozen, and right before I took it out of the dish.

After cutting into the layers....

Plated and ready to eat - - I meant devour.


The second dessert was made for the Boney's going-away party.  My mom found this Key Lime Cake recipe out of The Margaritaville Cookbook.  This cake is so MOIST and has a perfect summer flavor.  I couldn't find an online version of the recipe, and for some strange reason Blogger won't let me upload files.  If you are interested, I can email you the recipe.

Here's the Key Lime Cake right out of the oven.  The glaze was just poured on top.

Ready to enjoy.

And last, but not least...who doesn't like homemade chocolate chip cookies?  Just use the recipe on the back of the milk chocolate chip bag.

Don't you think whoever invented parchment paper was a genius?


To quote Rachel Ray, "Yum-O!"

4 comments:

Laura Farrell said...

WOW!!!! my mouth is watering. off to the kitchen to find a treat :)

Anonymous said...

My word, yumo is right!! They all look so good and you look like you did a great job on the frozen brownie dish!! I actually saw the show where Giada made that and you did quite well!! I am proud of you!!

Mom

The Dickersons said...

wow, those are some great looking dishes. :) You are quite the little Betty crocker!

Pamela Lankford said...

Hmmmmmm! Next time you make such good treats let me know and I will hit the road to Atlanta! They all look really good! Though my waist line is a little scared! ;-)