8/1/10

My One and Only

In honor of Hank's birthday (this past Wednesday), I'd like to tell you a little about the man I married.

This was our very first photo together - - after a pep rally our Junior year at BRHS.

Hank and I started dating when we were 16 years old.  (August 14, 1999 to be exact.)  The past 11 years, I have seen him transform into what he is today.  Here's the breakdown:

Hank is a gentleman
*Can you believe that he still opens the car door for me?  I thought that was just something he did back in the old days to impress me.  (It worked and is still working!)
*He also pulls out my chair at restaurants - - charming right?
*Most of all he holds a high-standard for himself in all situations.

Hank is a thinker
*I love the fact that I married a guy that loves all of the things I don't.  The stock market, retirement funds, mortgages, politics, etc.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Sorry,  I just dozed off typing about it!  Seriously, I know I would pull up my boot straps and learn these things if I had too - but I'm so glad he handles these issues in our household!
*He loves a deep conversation, playing the devil's advocate, and getting people to think for themselves.
*Hank wants to be challenged.  He wants people to push him to be a better person, and I think that is an admirable quality in a person.

Hank is my best friend
*If anyone saw how sick I was after having salmonella poisoning, you would have wanted to give Hank an award for taking care of me.  Three nights in the hospital and he never left my side.  Now, with Baby Lamb on the way, I am positive he will be cheering me on during all the ups and downs to come.
*We have a good laugh at least once a day.  Hank is really funny, if you didn't know.
*We are a perfect match.  He's the peanut butter to my jelly and the missing piece to my puzzle.  Without him I feel lost and lonely, and I am completely at ease when he is around.
*Most importantly, he loves the Lord and so do I.  We want nothing more than His will for our lives.  

I am convinced God made this man for me.  Thankfully, we have grown into better versions of ourselves over the past 11 years, and I cannot wait to see where the Lord leads us in the future.

Here are a few pics from Hank's mid-week, low key celebration.

Birthday Breakfast

Dinner at our favorite Mexican Restaurant

Cold Stone for dessert

Watching the sun set from our balcony


Until next time...
xoxox

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad he is your one and only and you are his!!

Laura Farrell said...

yay!! happy birthday hank- sweet post kasi!