8/13/10

Sweet Friends, First Shower

I have been very blessed to find such sweet friends through our church in Atlanta.  Last weekend they gave us our first baby shower.  It was a co-ed shower and was so much fun!  Since football season is approaching, look at the cute invitation they sent out here.

Amy and Jeffrey Brown graciously opened their home for our shower.  In their beautiful backyard, the boys stayed entertained played "corn hole".  

We had Williamson Brother's BBQ, baked beans, and (to-die-for) mac and cheese.  Not to mention - dirt cake and banana pudding!  Yum - I'm hungry again!

We opened gifts (most needing some type of explanation) and Hank practiced putting a tiny newborn diaper on one of Campbell's dolls.  :)  This seersucker outfit, from the Abney's, was perfect for our son.  It's called "Daddy's Caddy".  

Such a good sport, but hopefully our son will not have his diaper changed on top of a box.   

Unfortunately, one of the hostesses just moved to Tampa and wasn't able to share the fun!  We missed you!

My parents and MB even made the trip to Atlanta for the shower.  

All of this baby talk finally got us thinking about the nursery.  Hank put together the crib and I've got fabric ordered.  Hopefully in the next few weeks month I will post some pictures of the completed nursery!

Now if we could only pick out a name....

3 comments:

Casey said...

YAY! Love this post! Glad you took pictures - I was so frantic (as always =) leaving the house that I forgot my camera!!

Josh Lee said...

hank jr

Katie said...

It was so much fun! Counting the days until Kank makes his appearance!