The Silver Comet Trail actually has an interesting story. The paved trail was built on an abandoned railway and stretches from Smyrna, GA to the Alabama state line. Hank and I live just a few miles from where it starts in Smyrna. You can read more about the trail here.
Here's a picture of the map at the 0.0 mile marker.
One thing Hank neglected to tell me about the trail is how often you hear, "On your left!". Almost every time someone passes you on a bike they would say (or sometimes feel the need to yell) "On your left!". By the time I put in 4 miles of walking, I was about ready to yell back "Alright! I'm not deaf! I can hear the bike coming behind me even before you say 'On your left'!"
Regardless of my nerves building with each passing bike, it was a fun outing and a neat amenity to have so close to where we live. I'll just make sure I take my iPod next time to drown out the annoying bikers. :)
We also had our first Skype experience this weekend with my parents. What a cool invention!
Hopefully you got out and enjoyed time with your friends and family this past weekend.
Here's to hoping the groundhog doesn't see his shadow tomorrow! I'm ready for Spring!
1 comment:
LOL! That is too funny, Kasi! "On Your Left!" LOL! I can imagine that would get really annoying after a while. I can't wait for Spring either. This cold weather is for the birds! (Well, actually they are smart enough to fly away from the cold.....) Anyway, glad you guys had fun! Hope to see you soon....Hugs!!!! :-)
Post a Comment