2/12/11

A New Kind of Love

Even if you don't really get into Valentine's Day, it probably at least gets you thinking about love.  This year my cup runneth over with a new kind of love because of this little guy.
I never fully understood this parental type of love, but it fills my heart and soul like no other.  Hank and I are so blessed to have this precious boy in our lives.  
Nothing makes me happier these days than to listen to Henry laugh.  Watch these videos if you'd like to be a little happier too.  Granny Joyce....sorry he doesn't have any clothes on in these videos.  He was in between outfits.  :)



I love this picture that Hank took.  Can't you see his little personality coming through?
I think I'm going to have my hands full.  

Anyway, back to l-o-v-e.  One of my all time favorite children's books is called The Giving Tree.  It starts off like this,  "Once there was a tree, and she loved a little boy."  It goes on to describe the different ways she gives to the boy and how it makes her happy to give up everything for him.  It makes me think of how I would give up everything for Henry and the way my Savior gave up everything for me.  That's true love, baby.
So, Happy Valentine's Day everyone.  May your cups run over as well. 

4 comments:

Laura Farrell said...

great post kasi- love the videos and what a great shot of hank reading to henry! i love that book too :)

Rhonda said...

Oh, I love the pictures and the videos!! I love to hear Henry laugh!! I especially love the first photo! I love you!

Mama

Casey said...

such a sweet post, friend!

Anonymous said...

Such sweet smiles from a well-loved little fellow. Can't wait to see yall at the beach....MB