Renee's mom and dad recently bought a lake house, so we had a great excuse to get together! We spent most of our time outside enjoying their great lot!
Davis and Henry couldn't hang with the big dogs on our boat ride, so they decided to take a nap.
For dinner we went to an old favorite in downtown Alex City, JR's. We had a great time catching up and even surprised Day with a belated birthday cake.
We even walked over to Piggly Wiggly after dinner to pick up a few essentials for our second dessert back at the house.....brownies and Turtle Tracks!
Girls, I am so blessed to have you all in my life. "I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3
After our weekend with my friends, Hank and I let our moms take care of Henry a few days while we celebrated our 6 year anniversary. It was nothing but boat rides, sunsets, good food, and starry nights. I can definitely say, you don't have to go across the country to have a great vacation. This was easily one of my favorite anniversary trips, and it was in our hometown!
This picture was before our dinner at Springhouse. If you are ever there....get the okra cakes. It's one of those foods you'll want to eat on your death bed!
Hank and I both were extremely sore in this picture. We went horseback riding that morning (the highlight of the trip!). Unfortunately, there are no pictures. I don't have the hang of snapping photos while on top of a giant animal!
The remainder of the week, we flip flopped back and forth between our parents houses. We didn't actually stay for the fireworks this year - - so we celebrated with our families on Friday and Saturday.
At my parents house, my mom and dad cooked the best burgers with caramelized onions and grilled corn. The black bean salsa and baked beans were delicious too!
While we were there, Henry got a kick out of the wooden car I played with as a child.
At the Lamberth's, Henry enjoyed the baby pool MB bought for him. However, it didn't contain him very long!
That about sums up our trip. We are incredibly lucky to have such wonderful families, and I count my blessings every time I go home!
1 comment:
I sure enjoyed you being here for a few days!! I am blessed that you are my daughter!! Love you!
Post a Comment