This kid has no chance to be anything other than a water baby. He has one set of grandparents that live on the lake, the other set has a cabin on the lake, and we live in a condo building with a pool! This spring and summer is going to be filled with sunscreen, splashing and big smiles!
We kicked off the bathing suit season this past weekend in our hometown. We drove to my parents' cabin and let Henry enjoy the water. It was definitely chilly....but he didn't mind!
This is my favorite picture from the weekend. Doesn't the "color process" make it look like a still shot from a dream or memory? Love it.
The following pictures were taken after a horrible accident. Henry was blowing on a wooden recorder (you know, the clarinet looking instrument you learn to play in the 3rd grade). He tripped while he had it in his mouth and it jammed into the roof of his mouth. The next 15 minutes were filled with blood and screaming. I have never felt so panicked............watching your child in pain is torture. After a phone call to a family dentist, we came to the conclusion that he would be fine. The bleeding stopped and he wanted to be put down. After that, we let him do his favorite thing----throw rocks in the lake.
The dogs also put him in a good mood.....especially Daisy.
This dog is fearless when it comes to jumping in the lake after a stick.
Today we went for a late afternoon swim in our pool. It was a perfect afternoon.
I'm hoping the rest of this spring/summer is accident free and full of more good times. :)
4 comments:
I am so glad to see Henry smiling and happy! I have been praying for God to touch and heal his little mouth!! I look forward to this summer....getting to watch him in action!! Love you all!!
Precious! Love the lake picture. You have a great camera but your subject makes IT!
I am glad Henry is feeling better. Such great pics! Henry is a cutie! He is, without a doubt, a water baby. I can't wait to spend the summer at the lake with the family. It has become my favorite time of year.
Looks like you guys are going to have pruney hands and feet a lot this summer....so much fun! Glad he's enjoying this beautiful weather. Precious little boy.....
Post a Comment