9/26/12

War Eagle, Baby!

We finally did it!  We took Henry to his first Auburn game.....and we learned a few things along the way.


#1.  If we don't have a true tailgate spot - be ready to run - and run some more.  

We started at Samford Lawn and Henry literally RAN all the way to the stadium.  



#2.  Find the band.  Henry loved them!



#3.  Don't go into the stadium until pre-game begins.  Waiting around inside the stadium with a toddler....just didn't work.  He eventually wanted to climb up and over the seats----or his Aunt Amber that was sitting next to him. 



#4.  Don't assume popcorn and a hot dog will keep Wild Man still.  

#5.  Be prepared to stroll up and down the ramp to the upper deck.  

#6.  Pre-game is worth all the hassell.  H-man loved it.  


#6.  Go to the game with no expectations of actually watching the game. 

#7.  Leaving early allows a stress free walk to the car.  :)

It also meant Hank could show Henry his old fraternity house, and how he was a basketball all-star on this court.  

All-in-all, Henry had a great time!  Hank and I were the ones worn out!  

Just as a side note so I'll remember:  Henry was born the Thursday before the 2010 AU vs. LSU game and the first game he attended was the 2012 AU vs. LSU game.  

One more thing-
H-man went to school this week!  Well....it actually was just Mother's Morning Out, but it felt like school to me.  I dropped him off at 9am and picked him up at 12:00.  He was excited about going to "play" and didn't shed a tear when I dropped him off.  When I went to pick him up, the teacher told me he did a good job transitioning between activities and never wanted his paci.  The only issue was getting him to stay seated during snack time (imagine that).  I even had to convince him to come with me when it was time to go.  

Whew.  I'm glad that went well.  :)  So proud of you, Henry! 




6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! I bet you all were tired after that!! I know it thrilled Henry to see everything at the game! He looked liked a "big boy" all dressed up for MMO! So glad that he did well and had fun at MMO!

Anonymous said...

Oh My!! He looks so so growny sitting on the steps. By the way.....how in the world did you get him to sit still? I bet he threw those pumpkins right after you snapped the pix!! Love the game pix....somehow I missed the fact that y'all actually went in the game...thought you just did the tailgating or "tail-running" around campus and then went home! Can't wait to hear how much of the game Hank actually watched! MB

Amanda "Mandy" Gardner said...

Super cute! Love the MMO picture.

Casey said...

Way to go! Henry's first Auburn game!! First of many, for sure. And I'm not surprised one bit that he ran all over campus. His MMO pictures are adorable - he looks so old in them!!!

Pamela Lankford said...

Looks like you guys got a good workout! You forgot to mention that Henry's 1st birthday party was on AU vs LSU game day in 2011. Glad Henry did well at school. I am sure he will love it and make lots of friends.

Kasi said...

That's right! How could I forget that game? We had to pull out a tv during his party to keep everybody happy!