1/7/13

My Cup Runneth Over

The paci is gone.

Adios amiogo.

Sayonara Sucker......literally.

We took it away, cold turkey, on December 27th.  Since then, the days of just putting my son in the crib and walking out are long gone.  Now that Henry cannot soothe himself with the pacifier, he has turned into a kid that needs to be rocked (and rocked....and rocked).  I know it's only been a little over a week, but I can honestly say I am tired of rocking and fighting with him to go to sleep and stay asleep.  Thankfully each day is getting better.  He didn't even ask for his paci today....so maybe he's finally turning the corner.


Tonight as we were, you guessed it, rocking - I had hummed every hymn I could think of and was in the middle of "Rock of Ages".  Henry sat up and looked at me very seriously.  He put both of his hands on my cheeks and said, "Love you, Mama".  Then he gave me the sweetest little kiss on the lips and laid his head back down on my shoulder.

I said, "I love you too, baby" and had tears of J-O-Y immediately start running down my face.  It was like a switch turned on tears.....so weird.  I was filled up in an instant the precious words that came from my little boy.  That was the first time he's ever told me that he loved me (without my prompting) and I truly felt like he meant it.


I love you too, Henry.  I love you too.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

And I love both of you!! I am crying if you can't tell!! :)

Addie Lamberth said...

That is precious! You've got a sweet little boy!

Casey said...

SO SWEET!!!! I love that!!!

Anonymous said...

It is wondrous when you realize your child comprehends love...yours for them and theirs for you. MB

Amber said...

Oh how sweet and wonderful!!! SO SWEET. :)

Pamela Lankford said...

I can only imagine how much those words fill your heart. I can't wait to hear Annabelle say those precious words.