4/3/13

Playing Catch-Up: Part 2

For my 30th birthday, my sweet husband took me back to New York City!

Our Hotel
Photo from Google Images


It was a fantastic trip, not only because I got to see my favorite actor on Broadway, but because Cam and Pam were there too, celebrating their 10th anniversary!

On Thursday, Pam and I went to the Drybar to get someone to fix our hair for our night out on the town!  Unfortunately, it was windy and raining....so my hair didn't last that long, but who cares!  It was fun!

That night the four of us met up at Sardis restaurant and had a yummy steak dinner before heading to our first Broadway show.

The main reason we came........to see Tom Hanks in Lucky Guy!
Photo from Google Images


On Friday, we took Cam and Pam to Barney Greengrass for breakfast in the Upper West Side.  Such a tiny place, but an authentic New York experience. 

Did I mention it was snowing like crazy on Friday?

 

We hit both of the big museums - The Museum of Natural History and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. 

Shake Shack for lunch.

We also went to FAO Schwartz for a bit. Here is Cam with "Zoltar" from the movie Big (with Tom Hanks!).

By the end of the day we were so exhausted!  I am so thankful we got to spend a couple of days in the Big Apple with my brother and sister-in-law.

On Saturday, Cam and Pam returned to AL (they had been there all week!).  Hank and I stayed and enjoyed one more day of eating, eating, eating!  We had breakfast at La Pain Quotidien.  Super yummy bakery with big communal tables.
Photo from Google Images

One of Hank's colleagues suggested we try Fatty Crab restaurant in the West Village for lunch.  This was a neighborhood I had not explored before, and it was so nice!  I am also so proud of myself for actually enjoying this Asian fusion cuisine! 

The best part of the West Village was finding an entrance to the "High Line".  It is an old elevated railway that they turned into a "linear park".


Hank and I went to see an afternoon Broadway show - Wicked.  This was my second time seeing it and Hank's first.  He left saying, "This is the biggest chick flick I have ever seen."  Maybe, Hank.....but I know you still liked it!

For dinner we went to an Italian restaurant that Hank's dad recommended, Scalinatella.  Pure deliciousness.
Photo from Google Images

The day after we got back, Hank had put together a lovely lunch to celebrate with our families at Springhouse.  


Thank you, Hank, for making my big day special.  I love you more than words can express!  

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I am so glad that you all had a chance to see New York together!! Cameron looks very handsome all dressed up!! Love all you kiddos!!

Casey said...

Kasi, what fun! Love seeing all the pictures - you look beautiful, too =). Can't wait to hear all about it in PERSON next week! Woot woot!