10/2/13

Early Celebration

Last weekend, we celebrated Henry's 3rd birthday!  He technically does not turn three until Oct. 21st....but with the baby coming soon we didn't want to risk his birthday going unnoticed.

A couple of months ago I asked Henry what kind of party he wanted to have for his birthday, and he quickly came up with "a red car party."  Ask and you shall receive....



Since I was trying not to over do-it, we had a pretty easy food spread.  We ordered Domino's pizza and a Chick-Fil-A nugget tray.  Our moms both made a side dish and I bought an appetizer and drinks.  Sam's worked with me on the cupcakes and they added Lightening McQueen to make them a perfect match for the party!





I did, of course, go overboard a smidge on the decorations.  I. just. can't. help. it.  Even though it was only our immediate family in attendance, I still want it to be special for my little man.  He was so excited by the streamers, balloons, banner and signs.  He would say, "Is this for ME?  It's my car party!"  Then he would run around like a wild man.  



He loved having his girl cousins over to play during his party, and he especially loved swinging with Uncle Cam.




And you can't have party without birthday cake and presents:







Henry, you are such a blessing to us and we are so grateful you are in our lives.  We pray that the Lord's "goodness and mercy follow you all the days of your life" and that you always know how much you are loved!  (Psalm 23:6)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Special day for a special little boy! Papa Tom and Bessie love you bunches, Henry!

Rhonda said...

I just love the last photo of Henry!! He is a doll! I love him so much! Everything was super cute and I think he had a wonderful time!!