Hank and I have just returned from our trip to California. We enjoyed our time away thanks to all of the hotel and airline points Hank accumulated while he was working for Accenture. We flew into San Francisco’s airport, but we stayed about 45 minutes south of the city in Half Moon Bay. It truly was an AMAZING Vacation / 5th Anniversary Trip / Baby Moon. Here’s a glimpse at what we did each day:
Day 1:
We arrived at our hotel around 10:30 pm Pacific Time (1:30 Eastern Time). I couldn’t wait to go to sleep after a five hour flight and 45 minute drive to our hotel!
It wasn't too late to eat a couple of strawberries! (Wine for Hank - obviously)
Day 2:
*Since our bodies were completely off schedule, we woke up super early and enjoyed a fabulous breakfast in one of the hotel’s restaurants.
*Explored the hotel – Walked the Coastal Trail – It was an extremely FOGGY morning, so we waited to open “the envelope” until the fog burned off.
*Opened “the envelope” – laughed and cried – I still can’t believe we are having a boy!
*Relaxed outside, caught up on our reading, and watched the sun set over the Pacific
Day 3:
*Drove north through San Francisco to Muir Woods to see the Redwoods (over an hour drive)
*Ate lunch in Sausalito, CA (a beautiful town outside San Fran)
*Stopped at a lookout point to see the Golden Gate Bridge
*Went to the Legion of Honor to see their Impressionistic wing. I LOVE to see Monet paintings in person. He truly was an amazing artist.
*Drove back to Half Moon Bay
Day 4:
*Another restful day at the hotel
*Walked the beach by our hotel
*Drove south on the scenic Hwy 1 – and may I say that was a BEAUTIFUL drive. Nothing like I have ever seen before….completely undisturbed coastal property. It was breathtaking.
*Ate at “a-hole-in-the-wall” restaurant in Pascadero, CA. (My dad would be so proud)
*Watched another sunset, listened to a bag-piper, drank the most amazing hot chocolate, sat by a fire, and read until it was too cold to stay outside any longer. J
Day 5:
*Morning drive to San Francisco
*Walked through Fisherman’s Warf and Pier 39 to see the sea lions. Drove down Lombard Street - the curviest street in the world!
*Drove even further north to Napa Valley (long drive, but totally worth it!) I honestly couldn’t get over California’s diverse landscapes. One minute you are captivated by the ocean, silenced by the Redwoods, and then transported to a completely different country in the Napa Valley. Pretty cool.
*Went to an Olive Oil mill/tasting. It was a great alternative to a winery – since I’ve got a baby on board, and all.
*Back to Half Moon Bay
Day 6:
*Back to the South
I enjoyed the time “away from it all” with my best friend. We started dating when we were 16 (August 99), so that means we are working on our 11th year together. Needless to say, it feels like we’ve been through it all, and this trip was a great way to celebrate our love for each other and for our new baby boy.
Here a flashback at all of our anniversary trips:
Year 1: D.C.
Year 2: NYC
Year 3: Asheville, NC
Year 4: Amelia Island, FL
Year 5: San Francisco, CA
Here a flashback at all of our anniversary trips:
Year 1: D.C.
Year 2: NYC
Year 3: Asheville, NC
Year 4: Amelia Island, FL
Year 5: San Francisco, CA
Thanks again Marriott and Delta points. Oh, how we'll miss you.

4 comments:
Looks like you had soooo much fun!!! It made me want to go back so badly!!!
What an amazing vaca! One you'll always remember. Got'ta love those points!
I am glad I found out how to look at ALL the pix ..didn't catch on till today! Love the shots of the rocky coast----isn't it amazing? I guess you are pleased with the camera cause all the pix were so crisp and beautiful.
great pics kasi! sounds like you have had some amazing trips.
Post a Comment