12/31/11

Christmas Highlights

In our household, you can't start the holiday season without a little of this:
Yummy.  I could drink this cider all year long. 

Every year we take a trip to our hometown in AL for Christmas.  While we were there, Henry turned 14 months old.  He is such a wiggle worm these days.....these were the best pics I could get of him and his giraffe.

We gave a photo of our family to all of Henry's grandparents, and I think he could have stared at it all day!
This same day, we went to the Russell Lands Christmas party at the Stables.  I'm pretty sure Henry remembered Ole St. Nick, so he kept his distance.
However, he did enjoy walking around and talking to everyone before we had to leave because of a tornado warning!
Isn't this the cutest picture you've ever seen?  I'm proud of my two boys.

That night we drove to my brother and sister-in-law's house for an amazing dinner.  Have I ever told you how my brother is a grill master?  I seriously would order his steak at a restaurant.




On Christmas Eve, we started our day going to the "Willow Point Bowl" to watch a friendly game of flag football.  Uncle Nolen was the star quarterback in this picture.


Henry seemed to lose interest, so we walked over to the rock wall for a photo shoot.


Later that day we had Christmas Eve lunch with my Dad's side and Christmas Eve dinner with my Mom's side.  Unfortunately, I was sneezing like a maniac most of the day and didn't get any good pictures at all.  Oh well...

On Christmas morning, Henry came down the Lamberth's stairs to see what Santa brought him.



Then, we headed to my parents' house to see what Santa brought him over there!  Man, I need to have a chat with Santa.  This kid is going to be spoiled!  :)


After Christmas, Hank and I even squeezed in a date since willing babysitters were at our fingertips.
Once we made it back to Atlanta (packed into our Jeep like sardines), we went to meet the newest addition to the family, Jackson Deckon.  Hank's cousin, Elisabeth, had her little boy on December 20th.  It made me realize just how "boyish" Henry is now.  Definitely not a baby anymore!

For New Year's Eve, things are low-key around here.  Hank and I cooked a great dinner and are watching the Auburn game.  So far, so good.

Before Henry went to bed, he did the Heisman pose for me:
Or, maybe he was saying,  "Get this camera out of my face!"

As a side dish for our dinner, I made orange and honey glazed carrots.  The food processor I got for Christmas made this task a breeze.  Thanks Mom for making my life easier!

If you've hung in there for this entire post......I'll leave you with this cute video of Henry enjoying a new toy on Christmas morning.


Happy New Year everyone.  I pray 2012 is a year full of blessings for you and your family.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Great pictures of our little Henry!! Looks like Santa was good to him....good luck with that talk with Santa! ha! I enjoyed the time we spent together...sweet times and good memories! Happy New Year!

Amanda "Mandy" Gardner said...

Great post and pictures, minus the Bama stinks onesie, but since Henry is so cute I'll let it slide. He has such a beautiful smile. Can't wait to see him grow up in 2012.

Hank said...

I'm pretty sure that was a Heisman pose. My little man is into that football right now.

MK Boney said...

what a fun and full Christmas! What a blessing to see both sides of family at Christmas! Can't wait to get my hands on Mr. Henry! We are going to have a blast!