3/5/12

30 Before 30

I have been intrigued by this idea as soon as I read about it in the blog world.  I think everyone has a list of things they would like to do, but always put it off because something more urgent gets in the way.  That's life, isn't it?
This was a picture of my brother's 30th birthday cake.

This year I'd like to put those things in the forefront of my mind.  I'd like to give big and little things importance.   

So here's my goal.  Complete 30 things on my {bucket-type} list before I'm 30 years old.

Here's my list in no particular order.  

1.  Enjoy a trip with Hank
2.  Cook dinner for my grandparents
3.  Take a photography class
4.  Sell our condo
5.  Lose at least 5 lbs {10 would be ideal}
6.  Read the New Testament 
7.  Take Henry to the Georgia Aquarium or the Children's Museum
8.  Try to wake board - with my brother's help, of course
9.  Read a Jane Austen book
10. Make 10 recipes from a new cookbook
11. Buy a glass top for my black table {It's a table I made in college, using one of the doors in my great-grandmother's house.  I've yet to finish it.}
12. Make homemade ice cream.
13. Move into a house
14. Go horseback riding
15. Do a service project
16. Complete a new painting or drawing
17. Have dinner with all my girlfriends
18. Take Henry to his first Auburn football game
19. Go to an Off-Broadway show
20. Spend quality time with all of our siblings
21. Write a heart-felt letter to someone I love
22. Learn a new song on the piano
23. Find a babysitter {non-family member!}
24. Go to a concert
25. Take Henry off his pacifier
26. Plant an herb garden
27. Finish my 1000 gifts list {from the book One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp}
28. Have professional photos of our family taken
29. Go see a Monet 
30. Learn to play chess

I'm looking forward to the upcoming year!  If I can cross off half of these goals, my last year in the 20s will be a great one!

4 comments:

Pamela Lankford said...

That is a big list, but I am sure you are up for it! Annabelle would love a cute picture for her bathroom painted by her Aunt Kasi! (Just trying to help. LOL!) Good luck and I look forward to some face time with you guys very soon. Give Henry a kiss from his Aunt Pam. XOXO

Rhonda said...

We can take care of #26 for sure in a couple of more weeks!
Love and hugs!!

Addie Lamberth said...

I hope you can cross off #4 and #13 soon! Love this idea!

Amber said...

Um I just love this! I want to do this too! Maybe it is my constant hobby of couch laying that is currently a part of my life--but this is inspiring. :o) miss yall.