We had a wonderful extended weekend get-away and I am so thankful for our amazing parents who watched our little one while we were gone.
The weather was a drag the entire weekend....so I didn't pull out my big camera much. The Lifeproof case on my iPhone actually came in handy while taking pictures in the rain!
Friday highlights:
1. Awesome plane ride. My hubby booked first class seats for me. Man....it was a whole new world up there! Pillows, blankets, drinks and a full meal that was actually tasty!
2. Visit Rockefeller Center to see the tree!
3. Go Ice Skating in Central Park......that plan actually didn't work out. :( The rink I wanted to go to was "Closed due to inclement weather". It was just sprinkling people!
Saturday highlights:
1. Go to the Upper West Side - an area that I've never visited before.
a. Breakfast at Barney Greengrass
You've Got Mail screenshot at Barney's
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close screenshot at Barney's
You've Got Mail screenshot at Cafe Lalo
2. Metropolitan Museum of Art
My favorite Monet that we saw- The Poppy Field, c1870
3. Dinner at Dovetail
4. Peter and the Starcatcher - Really funny show. Pure entertainment.
Sunday highlights:
1. Celebrity sighting!!!! Jim Carter, (Carson, the butler from Downton Abbey-my favorite show!) was staying in our hotel! Hank wouldn't let me go talk to him though......he said--"What if he's rude to you? That will completely ruin the show!" Well, maybe it would...and I maybe I was a little chicken too. Bock, Bock.
2. 9/11 Memorial
3. Lunch at Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa.
4. Chelsea Market
Monday highlights:
1. Sunrise from the plane. Yes, I said sunrise. We left for the airport at 4:15 to catch our 6:00 flights.
Thank you, Hank, for all of the hard work you put in for our family. It is definitely a hard lifestyle being apart during the week.....but trips like this help make up for it! :)
Welcome back, Marriott and Delta points. Oh how we've missed you!






5 comments:
Awesome trip guys. Yall covered it all. I want to do this itinerary to the T. Good for yall enjoying the awesome PERKS :) Where to next? You need to jump on that San Diego trip if it comes up again.
How fun!!! I love New York at Christmas and I've been wanting to see Once!
PS - you look beautiful in that blue and white dress!
Love all the pictures!! Sounds like a FUN weekend!
How FUN!!!!! And girl, you look gorgeous! I love your curly hair, your cute knit hat, and that beautiful blue and white dress! So adorable! We miiiiiissss you all!
Soooooo........I totally want to go to NY! I have always dreamed of visiting but never had the opportunity. You should totally take me along next time. Since your an old pro now. I promise I'll be good! Hehehe! Looks like you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment